Have Fun and Play Responsibly
What is Responsible Play?
Responsible play is all about being informed, having fun and knowing your limits and it occurs in an environment where people make informed decisions about their participation in lotteries.
Responsible play occurs as a result of the collective actions and shared ownership by individuals, communities, the gambling industry and the Government, to achieve outcomes that are socially responsible and responsive to community concerns.
Responsible Play Program
The Lott conduct world class lottery operations across multiple jurisdictions within Australia under the Tatts, Golden Casket, NSW Lotteries, and SA Lotteries brands and is committed to Responsible Play throughout the states and territories in which we operate. The Lott games are available through an extensive network of over 4,000 retailers and available online and we are committed to providing games in a safe, secure and friendly environment.
For most people, playing lottery games is fun and entertaining. Lottery play is rarely associated with causing problem gambling. Notwithstanding this, The Lott has Responsible Play Programs developed for each state and territory in which we operate:
How can I tell if I have a problem?
- Spending increasing amounts of time or money on gambling.
- Not knowing when to stop gambling.
- Borrowing money to gamble or to get out of financial trouble caused by gambling.
- Spending more money on gambling than you can afford.
- Feeling guilty about your gambling.
- Someone close to you complaining about your gambling.
- Becoming angry or distressed when losing or trying to cut down on gambling.
- Doing things that risk a relationship, job, home life or good opportunity for the sake
Remember to set a gambling limit according to your individual circumstances.
Gambling Help & Information
If playing lotteries stops being fun you should seek help. If you think you or someone you know, may have a gambling problem and need counselling, call the national 24 hour Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact The Lott on 1300 138 132 (during extended business hours) and ask to speak to a Responsible Play Liaison Officer (for all states except the ACT)
Call 1300 88 22 96 (during office hours) to speak to The Lott's Gambling Contact Officer if you are from the ACT.
The Responsible Play Liaison Officers are based at Head Office to help you. Upon your request, they can:
- Provide information and contact details of gambling related support services
- Remove you from the Player's Card programs by:
- deactivating your card; and / or
- stopping promotional letters or offers from being personally mailed to you.