How do I enter my tips?
- To enter your tips you’ll need to firstly be logged into Tatts.com.
- Once logged in click on ‘Tipping’ in the top menu of the website to access Tipping.
- Go to the Tips section of Tipping, located in the top left hand corner navigation.
- Select the competition you wish to submit tips for (e.g. AFL or NRL) within the tabs at the top of the page. You should be taken to the current Round to submit your tips. If you wish to tip a future round, simply click on the respective Round Number you want to submit tips for.
- Select the teams you think will win each match for the round and for the first match specify the margin.
- Once you have entered tips for every match and specified a margin, click on the ‘Submit Tips’ button to lock your selections in. You can edit your tips for a match at any time before the start time of that match.
- Once you have submitted your tips you can choose to place a multi of your selections if you want.
Can I edit my tips once I have submitted them?
Yes! You can edit your tips for a match as many times as you like up until the start time of that particular match.
What happens if I forget to submit my tips?
If you forget to submit your tips you will be assigned the Away teams and a Margin of zero (0) as default. Where the Away teams have been assigned as default you can you can only receive a maximum of five (5) Tipping Points and your Margin Score will be the actual margin of the Match.
Can I tip rounds in advance?
Yes! You can tip as far in advance as you like for both the AFL and NRL competitions – simply select the Round you wish to tip for and submit your tips.
It is important to note that at the beginning of the season, the last six rounds of NRL and the last round of the AFL are ‘floating’, in that the respective leagues have yet to release the dates of the matches within these Rounds.
How do I score points?
For every match you tip correctly, you will receive one (1) Tipping point. For every match you tip incorrectly, you will receive zero (0) Tipping points. Where a match is tied, you will receive one (1) Tipping point.
Your Tipping points are then added up and accumulated each Round.
What is the Margin for and how does it work?
The Margin is the difference in points between the winning team and the losing team. Within every Round you will need to specify what you think the Margin of the match will be.
Once the match is completed, the Margin Score is calculated based on whether you have tipped the winning team or the losing team:
- If you tipped the winning team, your Margin Score will be the difference between your selected margin and the actual margin of the match, for example:
If John selects Team A to win by 10 points, his Selected Margin (X) is 10. If Team A defeats Team B by 6 points, the actual margin (Y) is 6. As John tipped the winning team (Team A), John’s Margin Score is 4 (10-6).
- If you tipped the losing team, your Margin Score will be the sum between your selected margin and the actual margin of the match, for example:
If John selects Team A to win by 10 points, his Selected Margin (X) is 10. If Team B defeats Team A by 6 points, the actual margin (Y) is 6. As John tipped the losing team (Team A), John’s Margin Score is 16 (10+6).
- If the match ended up a Draw, your Margin Score will be your Selected Margin
How can I view my results?
You can view your results for a specific Round from within the ‘Tips’ section of the website – simply click on a previous Round to view them.
You can also view other tipster’s results by clicking on their Alias within the Ladder.