**TattsBet $94,794 Quadrella Jackpot (BR5, BR6, BR7 & BR8)**
Rough Habit Plate (BR5)
– Kiwi raiders have historically fared well at the Brisbane Carnival and there are two smart gallopers from across the Tasman engaged in this contest. Survived has won five of his seven starts including a win against older horses in a Group Three event last time out and is clearly the one to beat. Usainity ran second to him two starts back and endorsed the form by winning at Randwick on the way here. Tonopah has only won a maiden but showed a good turn of foot to do so over 2000m last time out and has potential, while Hawkspur and Honorius should relish this trip.
Selections: Survived, Usainity, Tonopah, Honorius
Chairman’s Handicap (BR6)
– Margins burst onto the scene on this day twelve months ago when finishing a narrow second to subsequent Derby winner Brambles and looks beautifully placed here. He has two wins from his past three starts and scored a soft win over this trip with 58.5kg last time out. Quintessential won the Oaks here last season and comes into this off the back of strong performances in Group races in New Zealand, while Carrick is another from across the Tasman that should run well. Sysmo flopped on a heavy track at Randwick behind Kelinni at his most recent start and is worth another chance.
Selections: Margins, Sysmo, Quintessential, Carrick
BTC Cup (BR7)
– Local star Buffering was brilliant on his reappearance in the Victory Stakes at Doomben two weeks ago and can break his Group One duck if he can reproduce that performance. He has finished in the placing seven times at the top level and deserves to break through. Three year-olds have taken all before them this season, and Better Than Ready and Your Song both have strong winning chances for the classic generation. Better Than Ready has competed well against top class gallopers in the past and has three wins and a second from four races at Eagle Farm, while Your Song has a form around the likes of Pierro and All Too Hard. Last year’s winner Sea Siren will be improved for having two runs under her belt this preparation.
Selections: Buffering, Better Than Ready, Sea Siren, Your Song
Class 6 Plate (BR8)
– Dream’N’Ignite finished down the field as favourite last time out but he deserves another chance here. Gun rider Hugh Bowman gets the mount from an apprentice jockey, he returns to the track where he has scored three wins from four attempts and he is fairly in at the weights. Someday won four of his last five starts before being turned out for a spell and should go well fresh, while Heza Jetsetter and Sookie also warrant respect.
Selections: Dream’N’Ignite, Someday, Heza Jetsetter, Sookie
The Goodwood (AR7) **TattsBet $50,000 First Four Jackpot**
- Moment Of Change has been touted by Peter Moody as his next superstar following the retirement of Black Caviar and he gets a chance to justify those claims here. He has to carry the topweight as a Group One winner but is clearly the best horse in the race. Facile Tigre has been set for this since finishing second in the Oakleigh Plate in February and has missed a place only once from nine first up runs. He will be charging home at the finish, as will three time Group One winner Yosei who gets in well on the minimum weight. Conservatorium and Karacatis could be the best of the locals.
Selections: Moment Of Change, Facile Tigre, Yosei, Karacatis
Click here to bet on today’s racing