Eagle Farm Preview 01/05/13
– Very tricky opening race with many first starters. Market moves will be the best guide as a number of the first starters have not publically trialled. 7. Titanomagnetite is a $135,000 yearling who has impressed in both Gold Coast trials. He is well bred and is a full brother to the speedy NSW horse Hidden Warrior. He looks to be the better of the first starters who have trialled. 14. Friendly Dragon hit the line extremely well at Ipswich on debut from back in the field. The step up to the 1000 metres plus the addition of blinkers should see him figure in the finish. 1. Canisbay is an untrialled youngster but is a full brother to the smart Longshoreman who was able to win easily at his debut.
– 6.Shirlielle resumes for the Matthew Dunn stable after a very nice trial at the Gold Coast. She wasn’t pressured in the straight but still found the line very nicely. She looks to have come back a nice mare and has found a suitable race 1st up. It is very hard sometimes to assess a trial runner ridden by Glen Colless as horses travel so well under a tight rein for him but she did look impressive. 5. Secrets to Lose has been knocking on the door of late and should secure a comfortable lead in this race despite her wide barrier. A repeat of her 1200 metres runs this prep will make her tough to run past. 8. Rock Style is from the very good Kelso Wood stable and should be able to find a good position from the barrier.
– Very interesting maiden. 10. Sir Moments was excellent on debut in the Phelan Ready Stakes when he chased very hard behind the smart Sir Luminar. He looks to be a horse with plenty of upside and despite been a 2yo resuming in an open maiden will be very hard to beat. 8. Hollywood Bound might be looking for longer than 1200 metres but from the good draw and with Chris Munce engaged might be able to settle close enough to be a force at the end of the race. The big query in the race is 9. I’m Not Over. He was extremely well backed at his first start when caught wide. He resumes without a trial but the stable have engaged Damian Browne so any market moves are important to his chances.
–7.Blossom Dearest joins the Marcus Wilson stable and looks to have found the right race for her Queensland debut. She wasn’t beaten far in a very strong Hawkesbury maiden last start and with the claim for Tegan Harrison should be extremely hard to beat. 11.Valerie D’Amour put together back to back seconds before been outgraded in a reasonably strong 3yo race last start. The step back to maiden grade should see her be competitive. 12. Varanasi has been competitive this preparation and should be thereabouts again.
- 10. Tambo’s Jewel worked hard first up outside the lead before getting run over late. Her first up effort was very commendable as she was 1200 metres on a heavy 9 track without a public barrier trial. From the good draw she should be able to box seat and be hard to beat. 1.Trilione drops back significantly in grade after been outclassed in the listed Juanmo Stakes last start. She will press forward from her wide gate and with the claim for Kirk Matheson will be very competitive. 2. Mishani Warrior raced very well last preparation and despite not been seen at the trials has to be considered as the Les Ross stable is low flying at the moment.
- 3. San Jose has been costly to punters more than once but I think he can redeem himself in this race. He jumped terribly last start so happy to forgive that run and go on his previous second to Riddle Me This where he was terrific when he sped along in front. The jockey change to Damian Browne is very positive and I am expecting him to be very hard to run down. 8. Mr Testa resumed from a long spell but ran enormous for the Meagher stable first up. He should position himself on the speed again and be a force. 4. Empress Me has a very good fresh record and with the blinkers on for the first time a forward showing is to be expected.
– An open set weights race on paper for the stayers where the main form lines come out of the Sunshine Coast meeting last Wednesday. Going for a bit of value in the shape of 10.Karaka Storm, who never really had a clear run from the 800 to the 200 metre mark last week. These stayers can often take it in turns of winning so happy to look for value on a stayer that might have some upside to him. 5. Moment to Remember was very honest last week coming from a long way back to ran second behind 1.Rock The Pac. Moment to Remember meets Rock The Pac 2.5 kgs for been beaten ¾ length last week. Rock The Pac made a sharp midrace move and even with the weight turnaround will be competitive.
– 2.Cosmonaut – He doesn’t tend to win out of turn but he has found a suitable race to put together back to back wins. Under the set weights nature of this race and with the claim for Ashley Butler he is in very well at the weights. 6. Night Chills has always promised a lot and he is starting to deliver some results. He was impressive despite his narrow winning margin at the Sunshine Coast as he came from well back in a slowly run race. He is a definite chance.13. Awesome Ransom hit the line really well two starts ago before not looking comfortable in the heavy going last start. A return to drier conditions will see her be once again competitive.
- 7.Falvelina looks very well placed after the claim for Priscilla Schmidt to resume on a winning note. She is a classy mare when right and despite drawing wide in this race with even luck she should be right in the finish. 13. Quick Peek was very impressive in a weaker race last start on a very wet track but his acceleration was very good from back in the field. If there is to be a run-on horse he is more than likely to be the one. 10. Requested is probably better suited over a little bit longer but from barrier 2 he should be in the right spot in the run and that gives him an each way chance.
Click here to bet on today’s racing