Vinery Stud Stakes (SR3)
– Mosheen and Streama are rated a lot higher than the other runners in this race and it is hard to imagine that they won’t be fighting out the finish. Preference is for Mosheen, who has been in better form and is also proven over the trip. Appearance and She Goes To Rio fought out the finish of the Keith Nolan Classic at Kembla Grange and are likely to fight it out for third, although Plumm is sure to appreciate the step up in trip after finishing strong in the same race.
Selections: Mosheen, Streama, Plumm, Appearance
The BMW (SR5)
– Americain is one of the best stayers in the world and looks very well in under these conditions. He ran home strongly in the Australian Cup first time behind Manighar and will be better for the run here. Manighar will be toughest to beat, having won three out of four since being transferred to Peter Moody, including consecutive Group ones. Southern Speed won the Caulfield Cup at her only start over this trip and warrants respect, while Niwot and Scarlett Lady appear to be the other place chances.
Selections: Americain, Southern Speed, Manighar, Niwot
Queen Of The Turf Stakes (SR6)
– After a relatively poor spring by her lofty standards, More Joyous showed that she was back to her best with a strong win in the Canterbury Stakes first time out. The five time Group one winner won this race last year and can go back-to-back. Myer Classic winner Hurtle Myrtle is getting better with age and will be the biggest danger, while group one winners Yosei and King’s Rose are place chances.
Selections: More Joyous, Hurtle Myrtle, Yosei, King’s Rose
Golden Slipper (SR7) **TattsBet $71,344 First Four Jackpot**
- Samaready is the obvious one here, having won all four starts, including the Group 1 Blue Diamond. Although barrier 11 may prove to be some obstacle, all indications are that she can overcome it. Gai Waterhouse has a strong hand, with five runners including unbeaten Todman Stakes winner Pierro. From the inside gate, he should get a good run in transit and be in the finish, although No Looking Back and Driefontein shouldn’t be underestimated either. Epaulette looks to be the best of the Darley runners having gone down only narrowly to Pierro last time out, while Ashokan and Cavalry Rose are the best of the outsiders.
Selections: Samaready, No Looking Back, Pierro, Ashokan
George Ryder Stakes (SR8)
– Secret Admirer showed that she was nearing her best with a fast finishing second in the Coolmore Classic under top weight and will be much better suited under the weight for age conditions of this contest. From barrier 4, she will get a good run in transit and be hard to beat. Ultra-impressive Ajax Stakes winner Niagara faces a real acid test in his first race at the top level against his elders but looks like a real star in the making, although having to jump from barrier 16 doesn’t make things easy. Chris Waller has a strong hand with Rangirangdoo and Metal Bender, and Albert The Fat can’t be dismissed either at a huge price. Monton and He’s Remarkable ran very well on their reappearance’s and are not without a chance again if running up to that form.
Selections: Secret Admirer, Rangirangdoo, Albert The Fat, Niagara
Click here to bet on today’s racing