Tatts.com QLD Oaks Facebook Comp – 30/5/14
- Instructions and information on how to enter the promotion form part of these terms and conditions, and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Tatts Online Pty Ltd ACN 149 493 694 of 240 Sandgate Road, Albion Queensland 4010, telephone number (07) 3637 1500 (Promoter). The Promoter and its related companies are referred to as the Promoter Group.
- All references to time in these terms and conditions are a reference to Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- Entry to the promotion is open from 8.30am AEST on Saturday, 30th May 2014 until the start of the QLD Oaks at Eagle Farm Racecourse on 30 May 2014 (Event) as outlined on the Promoter’s website Tatts.com. Entries for this promotion will be only accepted during this time. The promotion ends the start of QLD Oaks subject to any changes due to unforeseen circumstances such as scheduling, delays or the weather conditions on the day. (Promotion Period).
Entry to the promotion is free and is open to residents of Australia:
- who are 18 years of age or older; and
- who have a current Corporate Account with the Promoter (Tatts.com Account); and
- who are Unrestricted Members of Tatts Online (as defined in the Promoter Group’s relevant Terms and Conditions associated with the operation of the person’s tatts.com Account (Parts A, B and C):
The following people are not eligible to win any prizes resulting from this promotion:
- directors, managers, agents and employees of the Promoter Group and their immediate families;
- an entrant whose tatts.com Account is suspended or temporarily or permanently closed at any time during the Promotion Period for any reason including for responsible gambling reasons.
- To enter, entrants must like the Tatts.com Facebook page and submit the name of the horses who they think will make up the quinella in the QLD Oaks at Eagle Farm eg. (Arabian Gold and Tinto) Only one entry per person will be accepted into the promotion. Entries will be recorded in chronological order; therefore the earliest correct answers will be determined as the winner. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Each entry will be selected in accordance with the criteria as set out on the competition landing page.
- Entrants are eligible to comment on the post from Tatts.com during the Promotion Period. Only one entry per Facebook account will be accepted.
- There are five prizes of $40 Tatts.com Account credit (which will be deposited by Electronic Funds Transfer into the winner’s verified Tatts.com account). All prize winners continue to be bound by the Promoter Group’s terms and conditions associated with the operation of his or her tatts.com Account.
- The quinella of the QLD Oaks at Eagle Farm will be determined by the official result as paid out in the quinella on tatts.com/racing. The decision of the Promoter regarding the winning margin will be final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by a Tatts.com social media representative replying to the post and those people who won on Monday, 2nd June. If the person is unable to be contacted or if they are not an account holder, then the next selection will be made. The Promoter may conduct such further selections at the same place as the original selection as are necessary in order to distribute the prize before the next competition of this nature.
- The Prize will be deposited into the winner’s verified Tatts.com account within 48 hours after notifying the winner
- The right to a prize is not transferable or assignable to another person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of an entry or disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. The decision to verify, validate or disqualify an entry is in the Promoter's absolute discretion.
If the Promoter reasonably considers that a change to these terms and conditions is likely to:
- benefit entrants; or
- be of no or immaterial detriment to entrants, then the Promoter can make the change immediately and does not need to notify entrants. Alternatively, the Promoter may vary these terms and conditions by placing a notification at all places where these terms and conditions are made available to entrants.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer system or social network, software or Internet difficulties, including any damage to an entrant's computer, resulting from participation in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that a Social Network service will be available at all times during the Promotion Period, and the Promoter will not be held responsible in this regard. Any cost associated with accessing or submitting an entry is the entrant's responsibility.
- The Promoter and/or Facebook, Inc. will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or personal injury suffered or sustained in relation to the promotion or a prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If the Promoter is prevented from or delayed in performing an obligation by Force Majeure then the obligation is suspended during, but for no longer than, the period the Force Majeure continues and any further period that is reasonable in the circumstances. "Force Majeure" means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, which occurs without the fault or negligence of the Promoter.
- Subject to obtaining the approval from the regulator (if applicable), the Promoter reserves the right to delay or modify any aspect of this promotion if for any reason it is not capable of running as planned (including without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, power failures or due to any other causes unforeseen or beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion) but only to the extent necessary to overcome the issue that is affecting the running of the promotion as planned.
By participating in the promotion, an entrant authorises the Promoter Group, and contractors and agents of the Promoter Group, to access, collect and use personal information about the entrant, and disclose personal information about the entrant, to the Promoter Group and its contractors and agents, for the purposes of:
- conducting the promotion; and
- providing the entrant with information about products and services of the Promoter Group. Such information may be provided electronically, or by contacting the entrant by telephone or other means, until such time as the entrant asks the Promoter not to provide further information; and
- publishing the full names of the prize winners on the competition landing page on tatts.com website, Tatts.com Facebook page and via a tweet on Tatts.com Twitter accounts (@tattsdotcom) & (@tatts_racing) on the day following the selection of winner.
- disclosing the initial, full name and suburb or town of a prize winner to selected media outlets as well as the Promoter’s website. A prize winner may be asked by the Promoter to participate in publicity associated with the promotion. The prize winner will have the right to elect whether or not to participate in that publicity.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook Inc. Eligible Entrants understand that they are providing the information to the Promoter and not to Facebook Inc. Any complaints about the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook Inc.