On this page:
What is Responsible Gambling?
Responsible gambling occurs in an environment where people make informed decisions about their participation in gambling.
Responsible gambling occurs as a result of the collective actions and shared ownership by individuals, communities, the gambling industry and the Government, to achieve outcomes that are socially responsible and responsive to community concerns.
What if I love to have a bet?
Most Australians enjoy a bet but some people may think they have a problem controlling their gambling. This can often involve spending too long in betting venues, or being constantly short of money, or using money not meant to be used for gambling.
Even if you don't believe you have a problem, it may be worth checking the signs, because the effects of problem gambling are far reaching and can be devastating to families and individuals.
How can I tell if I have a problem?
Whilst the list below is not exhaustive, it includes some of the common signs that indicate a possible problem.
- Do you prefer to gamble on your own?
- Do you ever use gambling as a means to try to get money to pay debts?
- Do you ever sell anything or borrow money to use for gambling?
- Do your friends or family often disapprove of you gambling?
- Does your attendance or performance at work ever become affected by gambling?
- Do you continue to gamble to recoup your losses?
- Do you ever gamble for a longer period of time than you intend?
What problems can it cause me and others?
- Health problems - stress, depression and anxiety, poor health
- Work and study problems - job loss, absenteeism, poor performance
- Financial problems - unmanageable debts, asset losses, bankruptcy
- Family problems - domestic violence, relationship breakdown, family neglect
Gambling Help & Information
For further information contact the National Gambling Help Line:
Or visit the ODDSR information site:
Self Exclusion Process - TattsBet Wagering Services - QLD, SA, NT & TAS
If you think you have a problem there is free private and confidential help available through the Gambling Help Service. TattsBet's trained Customer Liaison Officer can put you in touch with the Gambling Help Service in your area or you can call the National Gambling Help Line directly.
For contact details of the Customer Liaison Officer in your location, go to the Contact page and select the relevant location.
If you bet from your TattsBet Account via the Internet, or by telephone through a TattsBet Account Betting operator or via TattsBet Automated Account Betting, you can either:
- exclude yourself from betting; or
- place a limit on the amount you bet
This can be done by contacting us on 1800 750 366, or by email to accountbetting@TattsBet.com
If you bet at a retail outlet, self exclusion provisions are available on request from any TattsBet office or from your State's Gambling Help Service. You can also talk to family or friends about your gambling, or see a qualified counsellor.
View the list of available Counselling Services in your location on the Contact page.
Self Exclusion forms are provided by the respective governments, and can be lodged at any TAB Outlet. If none of the forms seem applicable to you, (because you do not live in these locations) use the Northern Territory one.
Self Exclusion Forms
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Tasmania – account betting
- Tasmania – retail (cash) customers - The Tasmanian Breakeven Network provides a range of free problem gambling services which includes facilitation of self exclusion. Call 1800 858 858, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for contact details for the nearest Break Even counsellor. The services provided include counselling, support groups and access to the Tasmanian Gambling Exclusion Scheme including self-exclusions. Self-exclusions mean that the details (including photograph) of the excluded person will be recorded in a confidential database together with the details of the exclusion. This information is accessible at gambling venues throughout Tasmania and the process is designed to prevent the excluded person from entering venues that they are excluded from.
TattsBet recommends that if you are considering excluding yourself that you contact all other gambling companies that you gamble with and ask to self exclude yourself with them also.
Third Party Exclusion Process - TattsBet Wagering Services - TAS
An individual with a close personal interest in the welfare of a Tasmanian customer, whom they believe may have a problem with gambling, can apply to the Tasmanian Gaming Commission for an order to prevent that customer from gambling with The TOTE and other gambling operators. Before granting such an order, the Commission will consider the application, along with any advice provided by the affected customer. The TOTE is provided with a copy of any orders granted and is required to suspend the account. Third party exclusions are available for both account and cash customers.
Please contact the Tasmanian Gaming Commission on 03 6233 2475 (Hobart) or 03 6336 2261 (Launceston) if you require any further information.
Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
To view the Responsible Gambling Code of Practice for each State, go to: