NSW Lotteries does not send out emails requesting personal details or requesting you confirm a claim for a prize.
What to do if you receive a scam or hoax email
- Send a sample to NSW Lotteries at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation that we have received your email.
- Send the hoax email as an attachment if possible, and try to avoid using the ‘forward’ feature in your email software.
- If your email program does not support attachments and you have to use the "forward" feature, please ensure you refuse any prompts to open attachments or download pictures and files.
- After sending the sample to email@example.com, delete the email immediately from your inbox and deleted items folder. Never click on the link or provide any information requested.
- If you have clicked on the link within the email, complete a full security scan of your computer (to check for computer viruses, trojans and spyware).
- If you have responded to any email by providing your confidential information, please contact the relevant authorities pertaining to that information.
- You can find other useful checklists at:
Stay Smart Online
Report Spam - ACMA
Example of hoax email
NSW Lotteries will only send you information via email if you have directly provided us with your email address. You may receive emails from NSW Lotteries relating to two services:
- Open your contact list or address book
- Click on ‘New contact’ or ‘Add Contact’ (depending on your email provider)
- Paste the following addresses into the new contact email address, depending on what emails you are receiving:
NSW Lotteries will only send you information via email if you have directly provided us with your email address. You may receive emails from NSW Lotteries relating to these services:
- Results and News Email Service – in order to receive these emails you must have first subscribed to this service.
- NSW Lotteries games promotions, competitions and Players Club. You will have provided us with an email address as part of joining Players Club or as part of a competition and indicated that you are happy to receive information from NSW Lotteries.To unsubscribe from these emails, click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Issuing of free tickets via email - this provides an efficient way for you to receive your prizes whilst preventing postage delays.
- Results and News Service – click here to sign in to your profile page. Once you have logged in, uncheck the boxes of the games that you are currently subscribed to and submit the form.
- Marketing emails – at the bottom of the email you have received you will find an Unsubscribe link. Please click on this and follow the directions.
NSW Lotteries is always seeking to improve benefits to registered players and the issuing of free tickets via email adds to these services by providing an efficient way for you to receive your prizes whilst preventing postage delays.
Your email address was provided to NSW Lotteries when you first applied for your Players Club membership or through the update of your Players Club membership details.
You can print the free ticket certificate and take it to any NSW Lotteries agency for checking. Alternatively you can go to our website and check the results.
You can relax in knowing that if your ticket is registered to a Players Club card, any unclaimed minor prizes (excludes first division prizes) will be sent to you via cheque (for cash prizes) and email for free ticket prizes. For prizes over $1,000.00 and up to $10,000.00^, we’ll automatically send you a cheque or free ticket certificate containing the new ticket entry details, 2 weeks after the draw. Unclaimed prizes $1,000.00 or less and prizes over $10,000.00 are automatically paid by cheque after 8 weeks. If your ticket is a multi-week or multidraw entry, your prize will be paid 8 weeks after the last draw on the ticket.
For more information on claiming prizes, click here.
Select the unsubscribe option in the email you received.
The Free Ticket Certificate will be posted.
If your email address, or postal address changes you can update your details on our website - click here to sign in to your profile page and update your details.
For Players Club members, click here.