Responsible Gambling Awareness Week
20 - 26th May - Set a Limit
NSW Lotteries responsible play program
While it is acknowledged that lottery products present a low risk for problem gambling, NSW Lotteries has implemented a Responsible Play Program, which is designed to encourage responsible gambling. NSW Lotteries requires commitment from their retailers to providing games in a safe, secure and friendly environment for customers.
The Responsible Play Program has been developed to ensure:
- compliance with relevant State and Territory legislation
- best practice in service of lotteries
- the playing of lotteries is enjoyable for our customers
All NSW Lotteries retailers and their staff must comply with the requirements of the 'Have Fun & Play Responsibly' Responsible Play Program, in particular, the Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct - NSW and ACT applicable for each jurisdiction (the Codes).
Our Responsible Play Program consists of the following elements:
- The Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct for NSW and ACT
- 'Have Fun & Play Responsibly' Sign
- 'Have Fun & Play Responsibly' brochure
- 'Responsible Play' Guide (retailer and staff training)
- 'Let's Play' brochures
- NSW Government English Player Information brochure
- NSW Government Community Language Player Information brochure
- NSW Government Counselling Signage poster
- NSW Lotteries Game Rules
- ACT Gaming and Racing Commission "Take Control" brochure
- Complaint Handling Charter
- Players 1st Program and Players 1st Hotline - 1300 PLAYER (1300 752 937)
- Responsible Play phone number - 1300 138 132
- Responsible Play Liaison Officers
- Gambling Contact Officer (ACT only) with dedicated phone line - 1300 88 22 96
- GCO Business Cards (ACT only)
- Other 'Have Fun & Play Responsibly' awareness initiatives
The Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct - NSW and ACT (the Codes) describes how we demonstrate this commitment in NSW and ACT.
The Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct - NSW and ACT is available to download in English together with the 'Have Fun and Play Responsibly' Responsible Play brochure which is available to download in English, Greek, Vietnamese Chinese, Korean, Arabic and Italian.
Our retailers also display a 'Have Fun and Play Responsibly' sign, which provides information on Gambling Help Services and our Responsible Play Program including information on our financial transaction policy and our Complaint Handling Charter.
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct
Responsible Play Sign
Responsible Play Brochures
Download our 'Have Fun and Play Responsibly' brochures
Need more information on our games?
Download the NSW Lotteries Game Rules for:
View the Odds Of Winning for - Lotto, Lotto Strike, Powerball, Oz Lotto, The Pools, Lucky Lotteries and Instant Scratch-Its or the NSW Government "Info about the Odds" information.
View the How to Play information on our games.
Playing lotteries should always be fun and so NSW Lotteries encourages you to set yourself a gambling limit according to your personal circumstances. If playing lotteries stops being fun you should seek help.
If you think you or someone you know, may have a gambling problem and need counselling,
- Call the national 24 hour Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au OR
- Contact NSW Lotteries on 1300 138 132 (during extended business hours) and ask to speak to a Responsible Play Liaison Officer (for all states except the ACT), OR
- Call 1300 88 22 96 (during office hours) to speak to the Gambling Contact Officer if you are from the ACT.
On request the Responsible Play Liaison Officers can provide contact details of gambling related support services and remove you from the Player's Card program by deactivating your card and or stop promotional letters from being personally mailed to you.
If you are a NSW Lotteries online player and would like to exclude yourself from playing on the internet because you think you may have a gambling problem, please telephone 1300 138 132 and ask to speak to a Responsible Play Liaison Officer. Alternatively you can self exclude immediately online by following the online self exclusion process. Please note that your NSW Lotteries Online account will be suspended for a 180 day minimum if you choose to self exclude.
Players 1st is a program developed to ensure the right prize goes to the right person If you need help because you are concerned with a way in which a lottery transaction has been handled, call our Players 1st Hotline on 1300 PLAYER or 1300 752 937 immediately.
View our Players 1st information page